Mala Bead Set, Necklace and Bracelet, in Chrysocolla.
108 Beads, 8mm with Guru Bead and Tassel
Malas are meditation or prayer beads and are ancient tools that were developed to keep the mind focused and clear from thoughts and to enhance your self-awareness and Intuition
Why 108 Beads?
The number 108 has a powerful significance in the science and spirituality of India.
- There are 108 letters in the Sanskrit alphabet.
- Vedic mathematicians measured the Sun’s diameter to be 108 times larger than the diameter of the Earth, measured the distance between the Sun and Earth to be 108 times the Sun’s diameter.
- In the yogic tradition, we find 108 sacred texts of the Upanishads, 108 sacred holy sites in India, and 108 marma (acupressure-like) points on the body.
- In the bhakti yoga tradition stories are told of 108 gopis dancing with Krishna in Vrindavan, and there are 108 names of the goddess.
- In tantric yoga, 108 energy lines are described throughout the body and they all converge and connect at the heart chakra.
Chrysocolla is known for its alluring, vivid blue to green cyan color, which is owed to the presence of copper impurities.
This Buddhist Mala has the power to balance your chakras and improve communication skills.
- Chrysocolla is believed to increase the ability to love and understand others.
- It is a stone of communication an its essence is devoted to expression, empowerment and teaching.
- It is associated with tranquility and peace, intuition and patience.
- It is thought to offer gentle and soothing qualities.