Mala Bead Set, Necklace and Bracelet, in Rose Quartz.
108 Beads, 8mm with Guru Bead and Tassel
Malas are meditation or prayer beads and are ancient tools that were developed to keep the mind focused and clear from thoughts and to enhance your self-awareness and Intuition
Why 108 Beads?
The number 108 has a powerful significance in the science and spirituality of India.
- There are 108 letters in the Sanskrit alphabet.
- Vedic mathematicians measured the Sun’s diameter to be 108 times larger than the diameter of the Earth, measured the distance between the Sun and Earth to be 108 times the Sun’s diameter.
- In the yogic tradition, we find 108 sacred texts of the Upanishads, 108 sacred holy sites in India, and 108 marma (acupressure-like) points on the body.
- In the bhakti yoga tradition stories are told of 108 gopis dancing with Krishna in Vrindavan, and there are 108 names of the goddess.
- In tantric yoga, 108 energy lines are described throughout the body and they all converge and connect at the heart chakra.
About Rose Quartz
- Rose Quartz is the stone of universal love.
- It restores trust and harmony in relationships, encouraging unconditional love.
- Purifies and opens the heart at all levels to promote love, self-love, friendship, deep inner healing and feelings of peace.
- Calming and reassuring, it helps to comfort in times of grief.
- It encourages self forgiveness and acceptance invoking self trust and self worth.