Mala Bead Set, Necklace and Bracelet, in White Turquoise.
108 Beads, 8mm with Guru Bead and Tassel
Malas are meditation or prayer beads and are ancient tools that were developed to keep the mind focused and clear from thoughts and to enhance your self-awareness and Intuition
Why 108 Beads?
The number 108 has a powerful significance in the science and spirituality of India.
- There are 108 letters in the Sanskrit alphabet.
- Vedic mathematicians measured the Sun’s diameter to be 108 times larger than the diameter of the Earth, measured the distance between the Sun and Earth to be 108 times the Sun’s diameter.
- In the yogic tradition, we find 108 sacred texts of the Upanishads, 108 sacred holy sites in India, and 108 marma (acupressure-like) points on the body.
- In the bhakti yoga tradition stories are told of 108 gopis dancing with Krishna in Vrindavan, and there are 108 names of the goddess.
- In tantric yoga, 108 energy lines are described throughout the body and they all converge and connect at the heart chakra.
About White Turquoise
White Turquoise is often called the “White Buffalo” stone, signifying its broad spiritual energies and its connection to the higher energies now descending to earth.
This variety of turquoise is a powerful sacred stone valued for its rarity and purity of mineral composition.
- White turquoise is a calming stone, potent for tranquility and awareness
- It helps relax the mind and body, our thoughts and emotions.
- It alleviates many of the things that cause us anxiety.
- It releases stuck energies, opens the Crown Chakra, and enhances communication with the physical and spiritual worlds.